Welcome to the
Customer Interconnection Tool
Register for an Account
Submitting and managing new electrical service requests is easy!
This portal will allow commercial and residential builders, developers and contractors to submit requests for new, upgraded or modified electrical service online at any time, using standardized forms.
Dynamic questions and approved equipment drop-down lists will help identify required information.
New Electrical Service Installation
Looking to upgrade, modify or install a new electrical service?
Builders, developers and contractors can apply for new electrical service installations for various commercial and residential projects, including:
- New or increased electrical service to a facility
- Temporary electrical service to a facility
- Upgrade of existing electrical service to a facility
- Removal or relocation of existing electrical service to a facility
- Consolidation, relocation or modification of existing meter arrangement at an existing facility
Due to global supply chain issues, Hawaiian Electric strongly encourages builders and developers to start the service request process much further in advance.
Once a service request is initiated, the installation process for commercial and large customers will follow the milestones and approximate timelines detailed in the Commercial and Large Customer brochure.
Residential requests up to 200 amps can also submit here. Please refer to the Residential Customer brochure for this installation process.
Before you Submit a New Service Request
Please take the time to review our current manuals and engineering specifications before submitting the forms.* Completing the forms properly and including all necessary information will help clarify project requirements and reduce processing time for our team.Start a New Electrical Service Application
Access resources to help you:
- Electrical Service Request Submission Requirements (PDF)
- Video: Registering for an online account as a contractor
- Video: Registering for an online account as a utility customer
- Video: Submitting an upgrade to an existing overhead residential line
- Video: Submitting a new commercial underground line
- PDF Guide: Registering for an online account as a contractor
- PDF Guide: Registering for an online account as a utility customer
- PDF Guide: Submitting an upgrade to an existing overhead residential line
- PDF Guide: Submitting a new commercial underground line
Contact us with any questions or accessibility issues regarding your project request for electrical service.
Other Applications Available
The following interconnection applications are also available for renewable energy programs:
- Customer Self-Supply (Non-Export)
- Smart Export
- CGS - Plus
- NEM Plus
* All information provided by Customer will be relied upon by Hawaiian Electric to provide the services being requested. Hawaiian Electric does not assume any obligation or responsibility to Customer to ensure accuracy or correctness of such information. To the extent permissible by law, Customer agrees to bear all risk and costs incurred by Hawaiian Electric should the information provided by Customer be deemed to be incorrect or inaccurate.